Friday, April 30, 2010

Filled with Glee!

Busy as ever these days with my challenging job as a Web Copywriter for Bluegreen Resorts, I finally had a moment last night to catch up with one of my favorite new shows, Glee! As a lover of pop music, I've been drawn to the show all year. It is a little fantastical, but it works. I mean come on now. The football jocks and choir nerds singing together in harmony and the "Cheerios" walking around in uniform à la Bring It On? That's not how I remember high school. Brushing that aside for the moment, I can appreciate the vast talent of the show's stars and really enjoy the musical performance numbers. Favorite performances include stirring renditions of "Don't Stop Believin'," "Somebody to Love," "Jump," "Don't Rain on My Parade" and "Sweet Caroline."

Here's the version of "Don't Stop Believin":



Due to the huge success of the show, a "Glee Live! In Concert!" tour is planned for two weeks this May. In addition to stops in Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York, the sweet singing stars will hit Phoenix on May 18th. The performance at Dodge Theatre is right up the street from Bluegreen's Cibola Vista Resort and Spa, one of the best Arizona spa resorts around.

No comments:

Post a Comment